Payment Options and Resources

Home Care in Charlotte NC Payment Options

The following are the payer sources Comprehensive Home Care accepts for home care services in Charlotte NC.  Some of the payer sources have requirements to qualify for their programs.  Call us and we will do our best to guide you to the resource that may be an option for you or your family member.

Self pay

We accept cash, check, auto draft, debit or credit card and you can pay through PayPal for your Charlotte home care services.

Long Term Care Insurance

We accept payment for Charlotte home care services through Long Term Care Insurance.  Dependent on the policy of your long term care insurance, we can either set up direct billing for the home care services with the insurance company or submit billing for your reimbursement.

VA Benefits

The Aid and Attendance Pension provides benefits for veterans and surviving spouses who require assistance in eating, bathing, dressing and undressing and other personal care needs.  Assisted care in an assisting living facility also qualifies.

To qualify for Aid & Attendance it needs to be established by a VA physician that you require daily home care assistance by others to attend to your bathing and other personal care needs. You do not have to change to a VA primary care physician for your medical needs but you do have to be evaluated by a VA physician for this program.

Eligibility must be proven by filing the proper Veterans Application for Pension or Compensation (21-526 – Veteran, 21-534 – Spouse).  This application will require a copy of DD-214 or separation papers, Medical Evaluation from a VA physician, current medical issues, net worth limitations, and net income, along with out-of-pocket Medical Expenses.  You want to include all medical expenses – even aspirin in this.  You will also have to go through a means test, usually prior to you physicians appointment.  The VA does not look back at your finances, they take into account your current situation so if you have done a spend down it should not impact you.

This process is not for the feint of heart, it is a long, frustrating process and the wait can be up to 12 months for the Charlotte home care service to come through although, the VA will retroactively reimburse to your approval date.

Medicaid Services

Medicaid Personal Care Services: You must qualify for this home care service, it is based on your income and assets.  You will have to apply for Medicaid at your county Department of Social Services office.  The Medicaid worker will look at your assets for the past 3 years, so if you have done a spend down you may not be eligible for the program.  If you are already on Medicaid, you can contact us for the paperwork your primary care physician will have to submit to the state assessment entity, CCME for home care services.

CAP-DA: Community Alternatives Program for Disabled Adults – The CAP-DA program allows elderly and disabled adults to receive Charlotte home care services in their home as an alternative to nursing home placement.  If you are interested in applying for CAP-DA home care services please call us and we can help you with the paperwork.

CAP-C: Community Alternatives Program for Children – This program is provides multiple services to children that are medically fragile and need home care services as an alternative to an institutional placement.

EPSDT: The Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment (EPSDT) Program is the child health component of Medicaid. It’s required in every state and is designed to improve the health of low-income children, by financing appropriate and necessary pediatric services. EPSDT is a mandatory set of services and benefits for all individuals under age 21 who are enrolled in Medicaid. Think of it as the child health coverage package of Medicaid. EPSDT does provide for home care services as well as school attendant services and is often a better resource than state medicaid funding.  In order to receive EPSDT services you must apply for Medicaid services for your child, if accepted, an evaluation from the state medicaid nurse must be requested by your child’s physician.  We have the forms and  can help you with this process.

For more information on our Charlotte home care Payment Options, Call us at 704-333-5214  or click here to request a Confidential, Free In-Home Assessment!

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Youtube